Terms and conditions
Any registration for courses and activities organized by the Kitesurf Belgium School (KBS) means that the trainee / participant in an activity has read our conditions below and that he adheres to them.
Any participation in one of our activities is confirmed by the signature of this contract by both parties, namely: the participant and the school.
- Parental authorization is required for under 18s.
- All registrations for a course/activity will only be taken into account if a deposit of 40 € per course/activity is paid into the school’s account when registering via the website: www.kitesurfbelgium.be.
- The balance is paid on the first day of the course. The non-payment of the balance via the school’s website obviously results in the cancellation of the reservation and the keeping of the deposit paid.
In the event of modification or cancellation by the participant:
Up to 3 days before the start of the course/activity, it is possible to change the date. Beyond that, any change in date, any failure or absence of the participant for any reason whatsoever, will be considered as a cancellation and will not be subject to any refund.
In case of modification or cancellation by the school:
Leaders, managers and instructors analyze the latest weather forecasts every evening with the most reliable tools on the internet to guide the decision to confirm courses related to the weather.
The weather circumstances, the security of our participants disturbed or any unforeseeable event beyond our control may lead to the modification of an element essential to the realization of the activity or the course.
The KBS (Kitesurf Belgium School) may indeed be forced to cancel the course if:
- Security conditions require it or in the event of an unforeseeable event.
- The weather conditions (according to forecasts or observations on site) are not required. We will then postpone the missing hours to a later date which must be suitable for each of the participants. It will be important for the participant to indicate the date of the first course and the number of hours to recover during the next reservation.In case of a cancellation, we will contact you to set a new date. You can also cancel your reservation yourself. Your deposit remains valid as long as you cancel more than 48h in advance. If you do not attend the course after this deadline, your deposit will be retained in full.
Our rates are available on our website www.kitesurfbelgium.be . They include civil liability insurance, the use of equipment and the provision of the instructor.
The trainee will have one year to redeem the deposit or finish the package via an online reservation. No reimbursement will be made for the cancellation of any of the services or reservations made at the time of registration.
All beneficiaries of a “gift voucher” have 2 years to claim it by making their reservation via our online agenda, stipulating the reference number by email. If the validity date has passed (- 6 months), it is possible to extend it by 1 year by paying 25 € for costs. The request must be made via email to email@example.com and payment made to the school’s bank account. Under no circumstances can a gift voucher be refunded.
The account of the trainee/participant on our internet system allows him to follow his reservations and his specific evolution in learning to kitesurf. There may be a time lapse for the update.
The schedules of each course/activity are indicated in their description on our site.
- For internships and activities on a fixed schedule:
The appointment takes place 30 minutes before in order to be able to start the course at the scheduled time.
- For courses and activities with variable hours depending on the weather and the tides:
After analysis of the latest weather reports, a confirmation of the meeting time is sent by email and text message the day before between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
If unfortunately the latest weather forecasts are not favorable for a quality course, the participant will also receive by email an announcement of course cancellation the evening before. In this case, the participant is asked to redo a reservation via the online agenda or by email or telephone. Toute séance non effectuée sera reportée en fonction de nos disponibilités respectives.
The duration of the lessons is indicated in their description on our site.
With regard to specific kitesurfing training, the duration of the course may vary depending on the number of participants per instructor.
Licence IKO Kitesurf
KBS instructors are either affiliated to the International Kitesurfing Federation IKO or VDWS or BLOSO trained. The same goes for our trainees in kitesurfing training, all trained IKO, or BLOSO.
At the end of each course, the instructors validate the level of the kite trainee on his IKO account. A certificate of the level of practice is then issued. This certificate is important to prove the level of kitesurfing of the trainee. For this to be completely valid, the trainee must complete the IKO appraisal form that will have been sent to him.
Anyone registered for a course or activity with KBS will be insured for CIVIL LIABILITY throughout the course/activity. KBS cannot be held liable outside the course/activity hours.
For a “bodily injury” insurance formula, the school offers the trainee/participant to become a member of the club, which will give him access to insurance linked to the sports federation (VYF or VVW). Cette assurance est annuelle.
For minors, parental authorization and swimming ability must be presented.
A mandatory liability release document from IKO and KBS must be read and signed.
Any adult participant and the parents of minor participants accept the risks associated with the practice of kitesurfing, buggykiting, landboardkiting, powerkiting, SUP and other disciplines under the normal conditions of practice of these disciplines.
We are committed to providing the appropriate equipment during the course/course/camp/activity and to respecting the ethical rules of the profession in terms of quality of reception, teaching, hygiene and safety.
Le matériel proposé est adapté et de qualité. Each person is responsible for all the material entrusted to him.
The repair of the damage which would be caused by the non-respect of the instructions of the instructor will be borne by the participant or his parents, if he is a minor.
All rental contracts must be signed. A cash deposit is also required for any rental. This will be refunded upon return of the equipment.
Our instructors have the right to refuse the rental in the event of a level not acquired or not proven, in the event of a lack of time for the smooth running of our lessons, and in the event of bad or risky weather conditions,…
In order to be able to rent equipment, a VDWS level 4 or IKO level 3 license is mandatory. In case the license is not available, a check-up is necessary (60€) to receive the license. Also, please note that rental equipment cannot be shared with another person, i.e. your friend/partner cannot use your rental equipment and must rent their own equipment.
Our responsible instructor is therefore the sole judge to accept the rental and give a work area. The rental conditions are as follows:
- The tenant must provide a valid identity document.
- The renter must acknowledge having received the rental equipment in perfect condition.
- The tenant will check the condition of the rental equipment upon receipt.
- There will be no refund if the renter has not used the equipment.
- The lessee will use the equipment at his own risk. KBS is not liable for injuries or damage caused by the tenant, to himself or to third parties.
- The renter is responsible for damage caused to the equipment during the rental period.
- The lessee will have to pay for the repair of the equipment.
- If the repair costs exceed 100,-€, the lessee will have to buy back the equipment at the second-hand price.
- If the lessee loses the equipment or if it is stolen, the lessee must buy it back at the second-hand price (a price list is available at the centre).
- The tenant can change his equipment according to the availability, the price formula, and the opening hours of the center.
The trainee/participant authorizes the dissemination and publication for educational and promotional purposes of photos or videos in which he appears in the sole context of learning with KBS. However, if this poses a problem, the trainee/participant is requested to report it in order to resolve this problem as best as possible.